“On the surface, hitting the gym seems mostly physical in nature, but there are several psychological reasons that people train as well. The main psychological factors surrounding gym exercise are:
- improving body image
- being part of a community
- being held accountable
- promoting a sense of well-being
- releasing pent-up emotions
With the closure of gyms around the world, many people lost an outlet for these needs and desires.”
The above was taken from Healthline and Medically reviewed by N. Simay Gökbayrak, PhD — Written by Daniel Preiato, RD, CSCS on April 27, 2021
It is the beginning of May. With the weather heating up, possible travel being on people’s minds, and more and more business starting to open; you can use this as motivation to double down on your fitness. Also May is ‘Mental Health Awareness Month’ and mental health is a huge topic. It is extremely relevant now because of political climate, the presence of COVID-19, social issues, mounting financial pressures in the home, stress from family life, personal health matters and the list could go on and on. One thing that you can do is adjust your focus and realign your daily priorities and activities to match your goals. Many people nod in agreement but then do not move forward with the next step. A dream is like a wish, you are waiting for a genie or dumb luck to help you get there. A goal demands action and the only who will get you there is you.
If you feel like you need a little help there are a few options for you.
Goal Setting and Assessment with Coach Ben:
- This is designed to give you direction and take your desire to be more fit and make an action plan. There is no charge for this 30 minute session. Text Coach Ben 530-908-7678
- Do you want 2 to 3 days of training and exercise programming written specific for your goals and around your specific limitations? This is delivered on an online platform that allows you to pull up your program and past results on any device. It also has room to save PR’s and other benchmarks. This is only $75 per month and there is currently 10 openings for this month. Text Coach Ben ASAP 530.908.7678 and just put ‘personalized training’ in the text along with your name.
Nutrition with Gabi
- A full nutrition program is available at Iron Mile. Whether you are looking to gain muscle or lose weight, Coach Gabi has you covered! Choose the one-time Macro calculation for $50 or the full program with weekly check-ins, adjustments as needed, and sample meal plan for $125 per month. Text Coach Gabi 916.225.6874
Whatever you do you are a product of your actions and conversely your inactions as well. Make positive and purposeful steps this month. Encourage those around you and as Big E reminds us, “You climb Mt. Everest one step at a time.”
Strength: Single arm alternating Push Press
Ideally using a pair of kb’s do 4 sets of 10-20 reps
15 min Cap
90 Wallballs 20/14
*Every minute on the minute 10 plate ground to overhead 45/35 lbs
T1: Modify movements and loads as needed
T2: As written
T3: 120 wallballs and 60 burpees